Thursday 26 October 2017

Swedish House Crafts Father Christmas "Jultomten" Using Maja Design papers

Hello, lovely blogger friend's.
It's my turn to showcase my creation on the Swedish House crafts blog today.

I have made a Christmas card using one of the gorgeous die cut images from Maja Design "Vintage Frost Basics" collection.


If you are wondering about the title? Father Christmas, Jultomten, also known simply as "Tomten" is Sweden's Father Christmas. Visiting the houses in the afternoon on Christmas Eve (when Christmas in Sweden is celebrated) to distribute presents to children.

Links to the products can be found in text at the end of my post.

Here is a closer look at Father Christmas. Sweden's "Tomten".


I used Gummiapan old paper die to cut the base of my card, and layer the papers which are also from Maja Designs "Vintage Frost Basics" collection. The postcard image is also from the images die cut sheet.

I used Tim Holtz Vintage photo distress ink to ink the edges of everything on my card apart from the flowers, and foliage. Everything has had a dusting of Snow-Tex. The pretty lace along the bottom of the card is from my stash.


I used my own poinsettia die, and "Vintage Frost Basics" papers to make the flowers. The stamens, wooden pine cones, and pomegranate apples are from the store.


For the Christmas trees, I used Gummiapan Christmas tree die, and matching scripted Christmas tree stamp. I placed a die cut star on top of the trees and adhered a 3mm white pearl in the centre.


Inside the card is decorated to complement the front.

Thank you for stopping by to visit today!

Links to the products that I have used from Swedish House Crafts can be found below.





8 comments:

  1. OMG! This is sooooo beautiful! You are so gifted in my opinion! Btw... I like this Swedish Father Christmas way better. He wears beautiful clothing.
    Could you please tell me how you attach your papers and embellishments? When I look at the bottom picture where the card is shown from the side, it seems like there is no glue used or something like that. For example the tree at the front... it looks like it is only attached at the bottom? With glue? Same with the papers... they look like you just arranged them in a nice way without attachment and that looks so nice!! Thank you in advance! Hugs, Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yet another question if I may ask 🤗 Where can I buy snow-Tex? I'm not sure what that is exactly but it looks stunning... it makes everything look so frosty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jolanda!
    Thanks for taking an interest in my work.
    The trees are built up using 2mm foam tape to give extra dimension.
    The papers are matted using Anita's PVA glue.
    I also used the foam tape to matt the image so it pops a liitle.
    You would have to double up on the foam tape for the tree overlapping the image at the front.
    Here is the link to where I bought the Snow - Tex https://www.crafteezee.co.uk/ourshop/prod_5271108-Deco-Art-SnowTex.html
    Amazon sell it too!
    Hugs, Donna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna, Thank you very much for your quick reply and your explanation. Now I know I should use the foam tape more often to create more depth.
      There is one thing I still don't understand... the snow-Tex is a sort of paste I discovered on youtube so how do you make such a thin layer?
      Hugs, Jolanda

      Delete
    2. Hi, Jolanda.
      I make a thin layer by using a soft toothbrush.
      Place the head of the brush into the Snow - Tex and with your finger, flick the brush over what ever you are wanting to add the snow to. this gives a light frosting. Another tip......If you want to add the snow to certain areas of the card just cut a hole big enough to cover the area out of a sheet of paper. I use fax paper. And then apply the snow that way. You will need to cover all areas on the card that you don't want the snow to go on to though. I just cover what I don't want snow to go onto. I that makes sense?
      For the die cut snowflake border on this card I used a paintbrush to pick up lumps of the Snow - Tex, and dab it on so as to give a thick texture.
      Hugs. Donna xx

      Delete
    3. It defenately make sense Donna, Thank you so much. I had to read it twice just to make sure I understand it all because English isn't the language I'm used to speak obviously. ;-)
      Very clever to use a toothbrush! I will try that for sure. Thanks again!
      Hugs, Jolanda 😘

      Delete
  4. Hi Donna, you card is beautiful! I love all the fabulous layers and gorgeous details, and I have fallen in love with the Marianne die and your beautiful poinsettias!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is another master piece I love the meaning of the Swedish father Christmas and the beautiful flower and trees the colours are just all so perfect a card to treasure ;0) xox

    ReplyDelete